Alfresco Governance Services
Information Governance Simplified Services
Alfresco Governance Services brings an unmatched combination of simplicity and control to information governance. It strengthens compliance by seamlessly integrating Records Management into business processes and automating the complete record lifecycle—from capture through retention to final destruction.
Alfresco offers the only DoD 5015.02 certified open source Records Management solution offering a highly scalable repository which manages business content and corporate records of any type, including electronic documents, images, e-mails, videos and physical records.
Automated Records Management
Historically, Records Management has been a separate, manual activity with poor user adoption. Alfresco Governance Services overcomes this compliance challenge by making Records Management so simple it “just happens”—automatically and invisibly.
- Automated Records Management that fits that way people work and requires little or no user intervention
- Save time for users and administrators alike with powerful tools and business processes to file, find, review and audit records
- Consistently apply information governance policies with easy-to-set rules that determine what needs to be declared as a record and where it should be filed in the file plan
ISO 16175 Compliance
DOD5015.02 Chapter 3 certification
Easy Administration of the Complete Lifecycle
Alfresco has spent hundreds of hours with records managers, compliance officers, security officers and administrators to understand and reduce the challenges of meeting complex governance requirements at scale. The result is unparalleled ease of administration and a lower likelihood of content slipping through the cracks.
- Take control of all content—and minimize the risk of unmanaged information—with a single repository for business content and corporate records
- Automate the entire record lifecycle with rules for record declaration and retention policies, including whether and when a record is destroyed, transferred or archived
- Support for Amazon Glacier – lower your storage costs by up to 70% by programmatically managing the lifecycle of archival content with AGS rules
- Reduce the administrative overhead associated with records processes, including review and disposition, holds, eDiscovery, exception handling and inventory and physical transfer of records
- Records Management on your desktop with Desktop Sync for Windows and Mac
Watch a brief overview of the Alfresco Governance Services architecture & capabilities
Open, fully-integrated Content & Processes Governance
The combination of Alfresco’s Content, Process and Governance Services allows processes to drive compliance for the entire information lifecycle with easy integration to other systems through our Open REST API’s. From capture and filing, through retention, to final destruction of content, as well as audit and control of processes, Alfresco delivers complete governance:
- Business process templates are available for disposition review, records declaration and inventory and transfer of physical records
- Records can be automatically declared at the end of a business process, including filing to the file plan and the audit of the business process
- Records can be put on multiple holds to prevent changes and suspend the disposition action as part of an eDiscovery process
- Summary of completed Process steps can be declared as a Record
Manage Records In Place
Many organizations have content and records distributed across many different systems. With Alfresco Governance Services, it is possible to manage records in place for centralized control without the need for costly content migration.
- Centralize the creation and maintenance of file plans and retention schedules, and apply them consistently across legacy applications
- Provide customized search views and conduct federated searches across legacy systems for eDiscovery or hold requests
- Manage records held in a wide range of systems; 70+ connectors are available, including for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Google Mail, OpenText, Documentum, IBM FileNet, SAP, Salesforce.com and Box
Security, Compliance & Auditing
Alfresco Governance Services provides the security models, audit trails and processes required to protect business-critical content and records and to demonstrate compliance with confidence.
- Automatically generate audit logs that report on actions taken on records, with options to file audit reports as a record and to create certificates of destruction or chain of custody documentation
- Define advanced security controls with both guided and automatic classification options to secure content - whether that is covering how PII (Personally Identifiable Information) is handled for GDPR or to provide high-security organizational requirements (learn how: Alfresco can help you to achieve GDPR compliance )
- Configure security classifications and marks for an additional, easily implemented level of security beyond access control lists and permissions
- Classification and security marks can also be applied to folders (ISO16175 support)