Do You Need to Drive Efficiency and Productivity throughout Your Organization's Business Processes?
Streamline processes for greater agility.
An integral part of any organization is efficient process. But few companies have the right process in place for their content, making it hard for users to work because they can’t find what they need when they need it.
Agile organizations need to automate business processes quickly so individuals can be supported by those efficiency gains rather than thwarted by inflexible processes.
Standardizing and implementing business processes across the enterprise creates effectiveness, ensures consistency and leads to continuous improvement.
Alfresco makes it easy to define and automate the critical processes that run your business:
- Open and modern BPM platform allows flexibility for automating, customizing and rapidly adapting business processes
- Graphical tools make it easy for less technical users to design and adjust business processes, speeding application rollouts and business alignment
- Integrated process and document management capabilities enable processes that involve business-critical content to run smoothly and efficiently
- Human-centric workflows, shared tasks and content-sharing support collaborative processes
- Since documents and user tasks can be accessed via any standard web browser, from within Office applications and from mobile devices, processes don't stop at the boundaries of the enterprise
- Reusable process and forms libraries enable fast and simple rapid application assembly while ensuring enterprise best practices and standards are incorporated
- Support for on-premise and in the cloud options ensures flexibility of process deployment and execution
- Process reporting provides insight into process efficiency and performance
"Alfresco allows us to manage all our Web content in one centralized place, while still giving us the flexibility to customize content and sites based on our specific client contracts. Alfresco is easy to use and allows our marketing department to control the content and sites with minimal support for the Web creative team. This is a solution that can grow with us and one we can use for many years to come."
— Robert W .Sansom, Head of Online Creative, BT Conferencing
Alfresco In Action
Amsterdam Fire Brigade needed a more efficient and responsive fire service. With Alfresco, 200 mobile operatives can remotely access and update the fire department’s fire prevention and risk management database where 500,000 documents are currently managed with Alfresco. Fire crews are now able to access profiles and tactical information on screens as they respond to incidents.
First Marblehead works with lenders and schools to help meet the growing demand for private student loans. The student loan department used Documentum and the document intake process was extremely manual and time consuming. Alfresco’s open source approach and modern, flexible architecture allowed for easy integration and customization into their business processes, and the total solution and software costs with Alfresco were over 50% less than the total cost of Documentum.
SuperIQ wanted to deliver 'real-time' online control of superfunds to trustees and their financial representatives. With Alfresco, their repository contains around 150,000 documents relating to around 4,500 funds. Documents are stored as images with metadata to support fast search and retrieval. Around 2,000 registered users access documents, via an API to SuperIQs web-based application.
Wesley Institute is Australia's first Christian arts college and its previous learning management system was severely under utilized. The College had common documents such as study guide manuals, feedback forms and style guides to add across 42 units. Previously, these searches had taken a day and a half to render and now with Alfresco, it takes just 12 minutes.